About Me

My Photo
Ash. Spiritual. Happy in my own way. Writes Random Stuff. Ice Cream. Night owl. Ice Cream, again.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

SpaceBarNotWorking

Wait. This post isn't about rectifying this problem. Honestly I've tried everything what Google said, except for physically removing the space bar and attaching it back. So after two weeks, I've finally decided I wouldn't play with it anymore and I'll be sending it to those who have the expertise to deal with such hopeless cases. 

Image Courtesy: FreeDigitalPhotos

Coming back to the main intention behind this post, I've wanted to update something on my blog for a long time. My drafts and Notes were overflowing with ideas and I was not able to put them in the form of a post because the space bar developed problems and I was unable to type properly. I did try typing from my mobile and gave up almost immediately. I was thinking of those days when I would be stuck with the famous writer's block and how I'd stare on the Microsoft Word screen for hours, miraculously hoping that Word would provide the spark - an idea, which I could work on. Now I'm at the other end of the scale and the grass is not greener here either. 

It was only then I realized what a big mistake that I'd made. I had allowed a small space bar to have an impact on my life to the extent that I was unable to do something that I wanted to. Yes, I used to keep my blog active by posting every week. Having taken up the Goodreads' challenge, which doesn’t allow me devote time to writing as I pleased, I promised I’d update my blog once or twice a month and publish all the pending drafts. Here I was, a lady with a plan and a space bar decided to play spoilsport. What worried me was I’d allowed it to have an impact on my schedule, to a considerable extent. 

People say that when you are passionate about something, nothing can stop you. That's the very reason it is called passion. When we are overcome by a strong sense of purpose and set about doing what our heart asks us to, we easily convert every obstacle to opportunities and not pay attention to the excuses that may creep in. We go where our hearts take us to, or in this case where the words take us to. We set forth unmindful of the boundaries and limitations. We wouldn’t dare let anything affect our state of mind. In short, there is nothing that can stop us. 

Writing, for me is an extension of my talking. Being loquacious has its own advantages because that's the very reason I started writing. I wanted to talk more, and some common sense prevailed and I resorted to putting them down in the form of words and saving it. Over all these years of writing, I've come a long way, sufficiently enough to say I'm passionate about writing, though I am constantly working on trying to write less lengthy articles. Thanks to the world around me for the inspiring ideas to write about, I thought there could be nothing that can stop me writing. How wrong I was. 

Little did I realize that all it would take was a space bar key to test the strength of my passion. I wouldn't say I failed miserably. I did fail, but I was quick enough to understand what was happening and take charge of things. 

As they say, and as I repeatedly emphasize, it's always the little things in the world that matter the most. In this case, it is a Space Bar. 

44 comments:

  1. Excellent write up. It is not just little things in the world that matter the most, but also add up to significant success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-)

      Yes, they do when it matters the most.

      Delete
  2. I shudder at a similar possibility with my laptop! But that can also be good - I can stay away from the lappie for sometime, read many books on Kindle, and maybe even go for a trip or two :) The digital screens can be addictive, you know :P

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did. Read 3 books in this short holiday and found time for so many other activities :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Trust me, It's worse than it sounds.

      Delete
  4. I know how you feel! This is quite an enjoyable and thoughtful write up. The last line sums it up so well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frustrating for you! Hope the problem gets sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope they solved it for u by now.
    These little things do matter..and how frustrating!!!
    But like u said, if u have the passion..nothing can come in ur way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still working on it. I typed the post on a different computer and published it. Glad that I found an alternative before it was too late :-)

      Delete
  7. Uff the space bar. It is really so irritating when little things hold us back. But we do fight back, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey good to see you back and I am glad the space bar has not let you stop.. :) you are right little things matter the most .. people say look at the big picture but to get to that big picture we have to do a lot of little things :)

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bikram, it does feel really good to be back to blogging :-)

      Yes, they are the ones that make the big picture :-)

      Delete
  9. Nice article on the Space bar which has tested your patience. Disappointment with failure of such small things cannot be avoided since writing /typing in PC or Laptop has become our passion.I have a hp touchpad with webos which was working fine a few days back. Suddenly the touchscreen stopped to function in the edges of touchpad(working fine in the middle) which has made the touchpad totally useless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. This one really tested my patience. Hope you laptop gets sorted soon.

      Delete
  10. Pretty good way of writing on an unassuming topic , subject as the "Space Bar".

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehee...so, never underestimate the power of a space bar thinking it produces only spaces and not alphabets...was wondering about you...what's going on? No posts from Ashwini..is she getting married and all that? :P Now that the bar is fixed, keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never underestimate it's power :-D.

      Oh, you thought about me? Wow. So nice to hear :-)

      Delete
  12. Yup. The grass is never greener anywhere! I remember I had a similar problem. Ideas everywhere, just that one alphabet key stopped working. To overcome this, I copied that alphabet (Cntl + C) and pasted it everywhere I needed. Small problems, easy solutions.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine my plight. Copy-pasting the space! ;-)

      Delete
  13. Honestly, even if you are passionate, few things can dampen the spirit, like space bar not working or slow internet connection. And, it's good to read you after a long time Ash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saru :-).Good to be back as well :-)

      Delete
  14. Great Ash!
    Passion counts. Glad the truant Space Bar could not or did not create further space between you & your Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita! Even I'm really glad :-)

      Delete
  15. The Space bar didn't give you your space !!! :)
    nice write up btw.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, what an excellent post to make a comeback with!! Glad you got the space bar stuff sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you have come back blogging after a long time though the space bar excuse seems a trifle weak!!!
    These days they fix space rockets in a matter of few minutes.Anyways nice and refreshing reading your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True KP Sir :-(

      I am yet to get it fixed though :-{

      Thank you Sir :-)

      Delete
  18. Lovely post

    http://www.ananyatales.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about the spacebar problem, Ash; this must be so irritating. Technology is like that, unpredictable and not known to be very loyal either. :P I hope your problem gets corrected very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Arti. Highly unpredictable these fancy toys are :-P

      Delete
  20. I can relate to this post. I have many drafts but I am not able to find sufficient time to complete them. Instead I end up writing posts that I feel is easy to write, only because I like to write. If we are really passionate about something, nothing should stop us from dedicating more time for that hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Ash. It shouldn't. But sometimes the situation demands that we spend more time on things which we may not necessarily want to.

      Delete
  21. An artist is only as good as their implements, a mechanic is only as good as their tools, and a driver is only as good as the car they drive. Ditto for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spacebar seems to be working now! Thank God!

    www.volatilespirits.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from You!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...